Thomas G. Emerick is the President of Emerick Consulting, LLC.
Tom´s years with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Burger King Corporation, British Petroleum, and American Fidelity Assurance Company have provided an excellent blend of experience and contacts. His last position with Wal-Mart was Vice President, Global Benefit Design.
Experience and expertise include:
- Designing and managing both global and U.S. benefit programs for
- Large corporations including multinationals
- Small to medium-size companies
- Implementing Six Sigma initiatives in a variety of corporate functions
- Implementing ways to protect patients from unethical clinics and hospitals
- Developing and advocating national health policy solutions
- Implementing leading-edge, strategic, and cost-effective health plan designs
- Developing long-range health plan strategies
- Applying “evidence-based medicine” in employer health plan design
- Understanding health care economics
Tom has served on a variety of employer coalitions and associations, including being on the board of the influential National Business Group on Health, the U. S. Chamber of Commerce Benefit Committee, and many others.
Frequently in demand as a speaker for benefits and health care conferences, such as the internationally known World Health Care Congress, Tom´s topics include strategic health plan design, global health care challenges, health care economics, and evidence-based medicine.